The rationale to meet this year at the University of Reading was to facilitate collection of budwood from the International Cocoa Quarantine Centre (ICQC) that is maintained at the University, and to return it to each of the participating countries. This newly available germplasm will subsequently be used as a source of genes to improve key phenotypic traits. Germplasm collected by the various participating countries can be now independently evaluated, and results shared within the group, so as to avoid unnecessary duplication of efforts.
'11th INGENIC Asia/Pacific Regional Working Group Meeting'
16th to 18th June, 2014
(University of Reading, UK)
Organised by: Smilja Lambert (Mars Inc.), Juan Carlos Motamayor (Mars Inc.) and Michelle End (CRA Ltd.).
Supported by: Mars Inc. and WCF.
Meeting at the University of Reading, June 2014
- Mars Regional Cocoa Centre in Sulawesi (2013)
- University of Southern Mindanao, Philippines (2012)
- Malaysian Cocoa Board Research Station (2011)
- Indonesian Cocoa Research Institute (2010)
- 16th International Cocoa Research Conference, Denpassar (2009)